Monday, June 2, 2008

New friends

Once we invited over to our house a couple new to our church. They were young and didn't have any kids yet. On the way over they stopped and grabbed Taco Bell. While we were all sitting at the kitchen table, Brennan ran in holding his head and blood dripping down his hands. He was hysterical, crying and bleeding all over the place. I stuck his head in the sink to catch the blood, and while our new friends sat frozen with their Taco Bell hanging out of their mouths, Mike and I proceeded to argue over whose turn it was to go to the med center. Turns out Riley hit Brennan's head with a Star Wars light saber (the handle end of it), which split his head open. I won, and Mike took Bren to get stitched up while I sat on the couch entertaining our less-than-hungry friends. I guess Tess and Jay weren't too traumatized by the whole thing, because they still go to our church, we're still friends, and they even had a kid of their own!