Thursday, October 30, 2008

Parents of the Year Award

And the winners are...
Mike & Lisa Aldrich!
For their brilliant choice to bring their seven year old son to the "Forest of Fear"!
For exposing their semi-innocent son (who thinks Scooby Doo is scary) to characters like Jason and men with chainsaws!
For dragging him through the forest, saying "It's ok- it's probably almost over"!
For prying his hands off his ears and eyes to show him that the characters are just people dressed up!
For making his brothers go first into scary rooms, so that Riley could see how safe it was!
For laughing uncontrollably while he cried!

Comments from Riley about the Forest of Fear:
"It's not at all like Lord of the Rings... Lord of the Rings was scary but it had drama. The Forest didn't have drama."
"I can't even look at any woods now without feeling like I'm gonna pee my pants."
"I don't want to go there ever again."
"Can I sleep in your bed tonight?"